Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Row: less is more




EN: I've never been a fan of celebrities pursuing careers of fashion designers. I mean, the fact that they have money to launch a brand doesn't mean that they can be legitimately called designers (except for Victoria Beckham, that's a different story). Therefore, I've never been interested in collections of the Olsens' brand The Row. Ok, maybe it was strongly influenced by the fact that I thought about most of their films that they were stupid and never really got all the hype about them. 



But today I've clicked on a certain button on style.com to finally view their latest collection. I was shocked. In a very good way. I loved it. It was completely completely my style (let's say what I wish to wear or if I was a designer what I would design). Being a hater of all sorts of unnecessary embellishments and stupidities on top of coats, dresses and all sorts of outfits there was no other option than to eagerly welcome the collection. It was clean, simple, beautifully cut and fitted and spoke of taste and classiness. 

Less is more. Amen. 



CS: Nikdy jsem nebyla velkým příznivcem celebrit pokoušejících se rozjet kariéru jako módní návrháři. Fakt, že mají peníze na to založit značku z nich prostě nedělá návrháře. Tečka. Teda kromě Victorie Beckham, ale to je jiný příběh. Tím pádem jsem se nikdy moc nezajímala o The Row - značku Olsenových dvojčat. Ok, možná to bylo i zapříčiněno tím, že se mi většina jejich filmů nelíbila a nikdy jsem v podstatě moc nepochopila všechen ten 'hype' kolem nich.

Dnes jsem však klikla na style.com na jejich poslední kolekci. Byla jsem šokovaná. V dobrém slova smyslu. Byl to totiž naprosto ale naprosto můj styl (řekněme, že se jednalo o typ oblečení, o kterém sním a který být návrhářkou bych zcela jistě navrhovala). Plus pro mě, jakožto odpůrce všech nezbytných ozdob a stupidit na kabátech, šatech a všech možných druzích oblečků, tady nebyla jiná možnost než tu přijmout s naprostým nadšením. Vše bylo jednoduché, čistý design, nádherně střižené a skvěle padnoucí a vypovídající o vkusu a stylovosti nositelky.

Méně je více. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment