Saturday 8 February 2014

Schiaparelli Spring 2014: the biggest disappointment



EN: I know it's quite late but I would like to express myself on the latest Schiaparelli couture show in Paris. I've heard a lot about the excitement of Marco Zanini with which he worked on the collection, and for that I just applaud him. I mean, excitement and love is a key to success in any possible industry. But other than that, I was simply disappointed. It was maybe the fact that I knew and admired Elsa way before all the hype which came with the exhibition at MET, and so over time I developed a lot of expectations. And they weren't met, at all. Actually, honestly, it was such a boring collection.

CS: Vím, že je to celkem pozdě, ale chtěla bych se vyjádřit k nejnovější Schiaparelli couture přehlídce. Slyšela jsem hodně o nadšení Marca Zanini, s jakým na oné kolekci pracoval, a za to mu samozřejmě jen tleskám. Protože, co jiného je klíčem k úspěchu než nadšení a láska? Jinak jsem ovšem byla zklamaná. Možná to bylo kvůli tomu, že jsem Elsu znala a obdivovala již dlouho před tím vším humbukem, který přišel s její výstavou v MET v New Yorku. Takže jsem jaksi měla očekávání. A ta nebyla splněna. Upřímně, byla to tak nudná kolekce. 



EN: To me the first dress was probably the worst one. It opened the show and so I would expect it to make some statement, but instead it was a kind of dress with a pattern that would wear my grandma, and she wears such indeed. Other dresses and outfits were just lacking the Schiaparelli wit I would expect. Of course, they were often odd and trying to be provoking in one way or another - especially stressed by putting on models flats instead of heels. But even that wasn't that out of place during this fashion week when Dior presented us with 'sneakers' (that strongly resembled shoes you would wear to the sea when you were young, or maybe you still wear them, who knows) and Chanel with models running all over the runway - while wearing sneakers. But it wasn't just the 'missing wit' but also I really really lacked any kind of unifying theme. Why did he present us with 19 different visions of the Schiaparelli woman? Did he present us with any actually? Who's the Schiaparelli woman after all? I don't think that a couple of 'oddities' sums up the persona of Elsa. Not really.

CS: Nejhorší ze všech byly podle mě hned ty první šaty. Otevíraly celou přehlídku, takže bych očekávala, že udělají nějaké 'prohlášení', že udají tón kolekce, ale namísto toho jsem se setkala s šaty s potiskem, který by nosila tak leda moje babička, a ta samozřejmě takové nosí. Ostatní šaty a outfity celkově postrádaly onen Schiaparelli důvtip, který bych snad i právem očekávala. Samozřejmě, že byly sem tam zvláštní a snažící se provokovat co to jde - především zdůrazěno obutím modelek do sandálů namísto podpatků. Bohužel ani to letos nebylo natolik 'divné', když Dior nám představil modelky s 'teniskami' (které silně evokovaly boty, které by jste nosili jako malí do moře, nebo je možná ještě nosíte, kdo ví) a Chanel nechal všechny modelky běhat po mole - s teniskami na nohou. Ale to nebylo vše jen o postrádání 'důvtipu'. Velmi velmi mi chybělo nějaké sjednocující téma. Proč nám představil 19 různých vizí Schiaparelli ženy? Představil nám vůbec nějakou? Kdo je Schiaparelli žena? Nemyslím si, že pár 'podivností' dostatečně shrnuju Elsinu personu. Opravdu ne. 



EN: On the other hand, I don't want to sound bitter, and I must admit that I liked one outfit or two. If I was to pick my winner though, it would be 'look 10' (blue-red print trousers/skirt + black top + white gloves + and black 'asian-style' hat) which probably resonates with my current Asian location. 

CS: Na druhou stranu, nechci znít zahořkle a musím připustit, že nějaký ten outfit se mi vcelku líbil. Kdybych měla vybrat mého vítěze tak to bude 'look 10' (červeno-modré kalhoty/sukně + černý top + bílé rukavice + černý 'asijský' klobouk), který zřejmě resonuje s mojí aktuální asijskou polohou.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete