Thursday 20 February 2014

Mulberry: Cara bags



What do you think about the Cara bags for Mulberry?

I have never been a big fan of Mulberry bags because they epitomized to me a sophisticated version of Guess bags and that to me always brought associations of fake social aspirations. In short, of wannabes. And to confirm my theory, just walk down the Ladies Market in Hong Kong - Mulberry fakes are one of its staples.



I'm not impressed by the collection since it's not a fashion miracle and it basically only well combines standard formulas. However, otherwise it's very in time with trends, if not little bit ahead. Look at the straps. I believe that there is a big trend coming - of handbags that can be worn as backpacks. I don't know whether Asia is ahead of trends or already late, but many people are starting to wear such handbags, and, hey, they're really practical! I know that we've already seen such bags with Fjallraven Kanken but their bags still look more backpack-ish than glam. So, in a way, Mulberry only put on them a Mulberry mask, glammed them up little bit and associated them with the It-girl Cara. VoilĂ  Cara bags. 

I have to admit that I really like their functionality. They're like a solution to my everyday dilemma when I decide what to take to school - a handbag or backpack? The handbag means sore arm and shoulder (ugh, the heavy laptop) while the backpack means just an unflattering look. And with such bags I could avoid the unflattering and go for the trendy.

If only I could afford one of them! Student life, sigh...

1 comment:

  1. Indeed the silhouette is ahead of it's time, but besides that... lol. I appreciate your honest views! Looking forward to your future posts ;D

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    www.connect-the-cloths.com
    A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

    ReplyDelete