Thursday 13 March 2014

fashion: H&M knock-offs

It was about time to do some spring shopping. Though I guess that a black cardigan and a pair of black jeans aren't very springy. Never mind. 

Wandering about the Cityplaza in Taikoo proved to be an "interesting experience". First of all, there happened to be some fire alarm - I say some because I had no idea what was going on (my Cantonese is limited to "m goi") but I know that I was suddenly shut in the mall. At least I managed to run away via MTR (subway). 

Anyway, in the meantime I went to H&M. It's a kind of a shop that was my major shopping destination throughout my teenage years and, unfortunately, I'm still forced to return there. Not exactly forced, but there are not many other options of clothes with prices suitable for a student budget.

Oh, I should get to the point. Ok, now. Is it just me or they really released items "inspired" by Mary Katrantzou? I mean, the fashion show in London was only about 3 weeks ago?! Fast fashion at it's best.

Well, everyone knows the H&M and such heavily derive from designer collections. Nothing new. However, what "worries" me is the fact that... what happened to fashion seasons? Mary's collection is supposed to be Autumn/Winter 2014-15 while high-street shops are already selling its knock-offs? Will the collection remain relevant after all? Or, paradoxically, will it become outdated once it hits the stores? Since it features quite a distinct imagery it's highly possible. Sadly.

(I wanted to take pictures of the items I'm talking about - but there was the fire alarm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment